Default global address list exchange 2016 not updating 100 membership european dating site
Next we renamed the folder containing the OAB files (the folder with a name that looks like a GUID).
Once renamed, we tried to update the address book and restart the Mailbox Assistant service. The Fix After some more troubleshooting in the event logs and diagnostic logging, I noticed that the database copy for Database02, where to OAB mailbox resided, had one copy that was in a ‘Failed and Suspended’ state.
This error is confusing if you simply look at your Address Lists in the organization and can clearly see the Default Global Address List is present.
However if you dig a little deeper in the Exchange Management Shell you can see the problem: As you can see the Is Default Global Address List attribute is set to false.
The file location is correct and shows where the current OAB files are.
I verified the file location manually but also noticed the date discrepancy (the blue rectangles in the above image) which shows the date the attempted download was made (upper left) and the date of the files (lower right).
Unfortunately this is not as simple to fix as just running Set-Global Address List, as there is no argument for that cmdlet to change that attribute. Launch and connect to the Configuration naming context.
Updating the global address list requires having the Address List Management role.
We tried to fix this copy and were unable to do so with a reseed or a resume.
So we decided to remove the copy and then create a new database copy. With a single, good database copy, we can now generate, update and download the Offline Address Book.
Exchange 2013 has gone through an evolution in the way the Offline Address Book is generated and maintained.
While most of the changes are advantageous, I ran into a chink in the armor while working with a customer who was having an issue with Exchange 2013 DAG replication.